Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4TH of July

The last few days I have been trimming out some offices. This trim job involves the use of some different styles of trim and the use of target blocks which I have not yet covered at www.finishcarpentryhelp.com. The Target blocks get installed at the top corners of the doors so no miters or 45 degree cuts need to be made and the casing gets installed up to these blocks with just straight cuts. Same for the windows, the blocks get installed at all the corners no mitering needed.
The baseboard is of the large variety like you would see in the older homes. I believe it is 4-6 inches in height when installed ( I haven't measured the exact width yet but I will and will post some pictures). This bigger baseboard has to be cut in a little different manner then the more popular smaller baseboard which is covered at the web site.
In the future I will be adding pages of instructions to the web site explaining how to cut and install some of these different styles of trim work, so stay tuned.

No comments: